Unity Tutorial 04

 So after finishing up a hell of a lot of catch up with the tutorials from week 02 up until now I'm finally getting to chance to upload an up-to-date blog post. 

 Some big differences I noticed compared to last semester is how easy to follow the tutorials are. The text tutorials are definitely much easier to follow and reproduce over the video tutorials from the 3d tutorials. The text format is plain and simple and clearly tells what process you need to take in order to move forward in the tutorial. Something else I noticed is although the code is very similar, the unity side of things is completely different. Using the new Tile palette and Sprite Editor windows are incredibly interesting and fun to use.



Game interface before animations have been added

 For this weeks tutorial the aim was to add animations to the player and crating projectiles that get launched and damage the player. Adding the animations has made a return from the 3d tutorials and not in an easy way. I struggled with it then and to no one's surprise I still struggled this time around. As I already mentioned the text format of the 2d tutorials did help a bit but not as much as I would have liked. Thankfully I got there in the end after a lot of trial and error and got the animations to work.

 The projectile launcher I found to be much easier as the code was laid out plain and simple with great detailed explanations showing what each line of code and each different setting in Unity is used for.

 I have to say I genuinely am enjoying doing the 2d tutorials and I find it incredibly easy to just power through them and have them finished din no time. Can't wait to see what the rest of the tutorials have to offer.

Comments