Game Idea Research

 So this week is all about Project Development. I'm supposed to have a game idea chosen and now I must think about what game mechanics would go into that game. I think I'm going to go with my first idea of the Board Game, if I can't do drinking dares I'll just go with normal dares or go with a different backup idea. I've had some time to think about the possible game mechanics that I could use.

Mechanic #1: Rolling a dice

The main objective of this game is to move along the board to get to the end and you roll dice to do that. The player could either roll a physical dice but I would definitely much rather code in a dice that players were able to roll.

Possible logo for the game.


Mechanic #2: Complete the dare you land on to carry on the game

I feel like this is fairly straightforward but is also very necessary. In order to let the game carry one the player must complete their drinking dare so that the game can move forward again and let the next person goes.

Mechanic #3: At the end of each round the group must draw a card, a bit like community chest in Monopoly, and complete the task. These could be very simple things such as 'everyone move forward one space' or harder dares like 'reveal something to the group you haven't told anyone else'. This isn't something that I brought into the original board game but it sounds like it could be a fun little addition to the game to spice things up a bit.

Source: reroll.co

Comments