Unity Tutorial 01

 So today I started my first bit of game development with the tutorials provided with the free Unity game dev software and surprisingly it was way more interesting than what I was expecting. Even though this tutorial was very basic, just adding small details such as vehicles and changing camera angles, but it was the simplicity that I found intriguing.

 Even though I didn't write any code for movement or actions I was still really interested in where the tutorial was leading me. I was able to get a feel for the software and what sort of road I was going to be taking in the future for my main end of semester project.


Screenshot of the Unity software towards the end of the first tutorial.

 My first use of the software was completely different to what I had initially expected. I was expecting something closer to the web coding software 'Brackets' where I would have to write line after line of code but instead it was as simple as clicking and dragging the elements I wanted into the game window shown above. I know in future I will eventually be writing code for my games but this was a nice first glance at what is yet to come and a good way to ease people into the world of game development

 After finishing the first tutorial I can definitely say that I'm excited to move on and get stuck into more advanced game development.

Comments