Unity Tutorial 06

 This weeks tutorial is only what I can describe as a similar game to the 'Asteroids' task in Among Us. I mean the similarities were nuts. The tutorial consisted of us making a spawn manager to randomly throw objects in the air for us to destroy by clicking them and having a score tallying up with each object that is destroyed. Literally just Asteroids if you ask me.

None the less I carried on with the tutorial and learned a few new bits of code. I found the score counter and game over screen really interesting, however, I can't help but think about the Dark Souls 'You Died' screen. I had a good giggle to myself over that.

After learning the few new lines of code I can definitely see myself using the game over pop up in the future. It seems like such a simplistic mechanic but also something that can be incredibly useful. It doesn't necessarily have to say game over, the text is very easily interchangeable and can quite literally say whatever I want it to.

The restart button was very interesting as well as now I don't have to keep continuously press the play button and wait for the entire game to load. Like the game over screen, this is very simple but also incredibly useful in the long run and a feature I will be using more of in the future.

Comments