Unity Tutorial 6

 This weeks unity tutorial was the one of the most interesting ones so far. Carrying on from last weeks progress, we are essentially making a higher class version of the google dinosaur game. One of the big things I'm noticing from this week compared to when I first started out is that the code is getting more and more complex with each new tutorial, and there's a lot of it to remember!


 Regardless of the increasing difficulty each week I'm still really enjoying seeing what is possible with a few lines of code. The more I go on I find myself thinking back to my personal game idea for the this module and what I can add or take out of the final product. Who knows I may end up taking more and more inspiration for these tutorials and make some strange hybrid of the lot.

 Adding the sound and particle effects this week was incredibly interesting. Being so used to doing these tutorials just listening to the instruction videos became the norm and I hadn't even noticed the lack of any in-game noises. When I first added them in I was shocked by how much something so simple as a running sound could completely enhance the players experience and was something that I hadn't really thought about. 

 I suppose you don't always need crazy game mechanics and a ridiculous HD graphics, sometimes it's the little things that make a game what it is.

Comments