Unity Tutorial 07

  Once again it was time for another Unity Tutorial session. This weeks objective was to create a sort of sumo game with two spheres that were trying to knock each other off a platform.

 Again things were ramped up a little bit in terms of coding difficulty with the addition of a few new elements. One thing I didn't know unity had was the ability to add materials to surfaces and objects. For example, in this tutorial I added a bouncy material to my spheres to make them shoot back when they would hit of each other which I thought was hilarious.



 Another thing that I found really interesting was the ability to give the player and enemies power ups. To say that I absolutely not prepared to see the enemy sphere go flying out of the scene after picking up a strength power up is an understatement. Seeing this in action only made me think of dozens of other power up that could make this game a hundred times better.

Although my game doesn't have any need for things such as power ups, I think I can still make use of this code as I had the idea of letting the player pick up batteries around the map. Who knows only time will tell!

Comments