Review Week Comments & Feedback

  This week is all about reflecting and looking back on the semester so far. It's safe to say that I've enjoyed what's been going on so far since week one, but the work is far from over. After a ropey few weeks struggling to find motivation its time for me to get back on the horse, put my head down and end the semester with my head held high. There's only a short few weeks left so time is of the essence now more than ever across all five of the modules.

 To most people the thought of giving or receiving feedback is daunting, but it shouldn't be. The opportunity for feedback is one of the most valuable things someone in the industry can receive. It's a chance to grow and adapt from your faults and to collect praise for you achievements. It is something that should be welcomed and not feared.




Feedback In:

 The comments I have received have been a great asset in the production of my game. It was because of these comments that I actually backtracked and changed my whole concept, thankfully for the better as well! I was already second guessing my original idea and my feedback gave me that extra push to make the change that I needed. Hopefully the comments keep up the good work and help me overcome my own doubts and make some adjustments that are badly needed. 

Feedback Out:

 I would say that so far I am happy with all of the feedback I have given to my classmates. Giving anyone feedback is a great thing as I have already mentioned and I hope to improve on my constructive criticism skills as time goes on. One big thing I have noticed from the start of the semester to now is whos blog I am commenting on. At the start of the semester I would actively search for my friends or people I knew somewhat well to comment on, the idea of giving feedback to someone I didn't know well or even at all was extremely harrowing. Now I'm trying to get out of this habit and just comment on the first people I get in the rotation. I hope to carry on this new trend on commenting on a variety of different blogs.



Blog Comments:

 Since beginning this new blog commenting era I feel like my interactions within the course has definitely widened. Before I would maybe talk to maybe four or five people regularly but now that number has definitely gone up. Now I can happily say that I have a much better understanding of what the overall feel of our course is, and it's amazing! Before I didn't really know too much about the people I would see a few times a week and now I'm starting to put more and more names to faces which is great. I'm just hoping that sooner rather than later there will be more opportunities to do this in person opposed to over a screen.

Looking Forward:

Going forward I hope to take the feedback that I receive more into consideration and also put more effort into the comments that I leave on other people's posts. If I have receive a good suggestion as to what I could change for my game or somethings I could include more in my other blogs, I hope to take the reviews from my peers and use them more as an asset and something to learn from rather than to just simply ignore it. After all they are the ones who will be reading my posts and playing my game. 

I mentioned this already but I also want to try and branch out a bit and comment on more and more people's blogs. I don't consider myself to be amazing at giving feedback or even remotely the right person to tell people what they are doing right or wrong, but I might see something that others miss which is very possible and I feel that if I do this even just once over the next number of weeks then that's a win.

As a sort of closing statement I hope the next few weeks go as well as I am hoping and I pull through  with the high standard of work I wish to produce.

Comments