Game Design Document

 My project post for this week is all about the bible that my game will be based on, the Game Design Document. This is the holy text that will have anything and everything about my game on it. 

 I've also made the decision to steer away from my original idea of making a board game and head towards a horror game, but not a traditional horror game. Thankfully I'm not one to spread around spoilers so you'll have to stay tuned for the details.



 The story inspiration for this game is 'Gone Home', the story of a girl heading home after travelling for some time to find out things appear to be in a state of distress. The game design inspiration are the 'Outlast' games, I like the idea of having a mostly poorly lit game with the means to light it, a night vision camera in their case and a flashlight in mine, but that means is also limited unless you can find something to power it. This adds an extra level of fear to the game, the fear of the dark, and the fear of the unknown.

 Hopefully all goes well and this document serves me well in my game production, I can't wait to get started! If you want to read my document you can find the link here.

Thanks for reading see you soon!

Comments